January 5, 2015

New Year, New Tales

With the New Year, I've promised myself that I would learn to participate with Facebook and other social media (including my website www.talespress.com). So here I go:
It was great having Tim Rice with us via Skype at the Virginia Theatre in Champaign, Illinois, for the screening of From Here To Eternity the Musical. on Pearl Harbor Day, Dec. 7. The audience comments were very positive, and I received several emails about the show, plus all the great comments I heard directly afterwards.
Here's one sample from a former teaching colleague: "It was pretty cool to have Sir Tim Rice talking with the panel and the audience. I look forward to seeing a tweaked version -- Maybe in Chicago." (Either there or Honolulu, I hope.)
Another man, a Marine veteran, emailed: "Without a doubt, the absolute best production I have ever seen and heard. Les Misérables is now second in my soul."
And I was particularly touched by a comment from a man I've known for several years who gave Tim an emotional thank-you for the show, as it brought up thoughts of his father who was in Hawaii in the military during the attack on Pearl Harbor. I had no idea his father had been in the Army in World War II.
In case you want to see and hear the recording of the introduction and Q&A with Tim from the showing of FHTE, I have included them here:
Introduction:

Q&A:

Tim emailed right after the show, "I was delighted by the very positive reactions to the show/film and was very encouraged by the audience comments (and of course those of you, Valerie and Jeff)."
Also, Andy Hall, the tech manager for the event, received an email from Tim I was copied on after Andy sent the YouTube links: "Thanks to your team we have done the show a great favo(u)r in the U.S., and I am more optimistic than ever that we can make it work over there."
So I hope you have the opportunity to see the musical production her somewhere this year. More posting from me to follow this year, as I become more adept with social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment